Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Political Correctness Speech Police

I must admit that I am often offended by the PC Police who try to control anyone they do not like with hate laws and political pressure. The New York Times can publish state secrets by claiming the freedom of speech and press but an individual can be fired for claiming the same rights. I can burn my American flag as a free speech right but I cannot say certain sexual behavior is sinful. There is something wrong with our laws when that kind of thing happens in America.

I am against attacking any other religion and I think we Christians are wrong and anti-evangelistic when we do. The cartoons making fun of Islam were in bad taste and silly but the press has a "right" to publish them. Allowing stupid and ignorant people to say what they want actually performs a service because we can all see such people for exactly what they are.

In any case, I am sorry that people attack minority groups, religious factions and so forth but that has always been our right in America. It is to our benefit as Christians to promote the Freedom of Speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home