Saturday, August 05, 2006

Current Thoughts and Insights

I have not posted for a few days and I miss it. I have been pretty busy and having so much fun working with pastors, elders and churches I forget to tell you what I have been up to.

First, I was able to speak at the Life Gate Church two Sundays in a row. Dennis Cole and wife Sheila took a group from Life Gate to minister to the Navaho Indians and I was the guest speaker. Here is the connection to Life Gate online. You can listen to both sermons with streaming audio. http://www.lifegatenky.org/ Go to sermons and look for my short series of two talks.

Cyndi Wineinger and I had the joy of Consulting with an Elder Council and Pastor on planning for the upcoming year. The group was smart, creative and open to new ideas. It was a joy.

I spent two nights with Trinity Christian in Williamsburg doing focus groups with members of the congregation and the Elders to discern new direction for the future. We had a great time of sharing and listening to the hearts of God's people.

Additionally, I am continuing to Coach/Mentor several mature Christians as they seek the next stage of spiritual and personal development. I see many of them being liberated and falling back in love with ministry after experiencing some burnout.

Counseling: Helping people with psychological problems find healing
Coaching: Helping people who want to plan, grow personally or prevent problems (This is sometimes called Mentoring)
Consulting: Helping leaders with organizational issues problems and/or growth planning

At his stage in life I am trying to do more Coaching and Consulting and less Counseling. I love to see people grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home